Interested in reading more about landscape, natural processes, and the impact of humans on the environment?
Here's a selection of books that I have read over the past few years that I found useful:
- Changes in the Land: Indians, Colonists, and the Ecology of New England, William Cronon.
- Nature and the Idea of a Man-made World, Norman Crowe.
- Nature and Society: Anthropological Perspectives, Phillipe Descola and Gisli Palsson.
- Place, Culture, and Representation, James S. Duncan and David Ley.
- The Anthropology of Landscape: Perspectives on Place and Space, Eric Hirsch and Michael O'Hanlon.
- The Domestication of the Human Species, Peter J. Wilson.
- The Language of Landscape, Anne Whiston Spirn.
- The Control of Nature, John McPhee.
- Look at the Land: Aerial Reflections on America, Alex MacLean.