Part Two in this week's series of posts on Education.
Interested in changing your perspective on education?
Start with the reading and video lists below. The books and videos included will help one gain perspective on what kind of work needs to be done to improve the way children and adults learn, both individually and within organizations.
The following nine titles are a good place to start to see how others are thinking creatively about education and the evolving human mind.
- The Element, Sir Ken Robinson.
- The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail--but Some Don't, Nate Silver.
- A New Culture of Learning: Cultivating the Imagination for a World of Constant Change, Thomas and John Seely Brown.
- DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education, Anya Kamenetz.
- Five Minds for the Future, Howard Gardner.
- The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains, Nicolas Carr.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman.
- Spreadable Media: Creating Value and Meaning in a Networked Culture, Henry Jenkins, Sam Ford and Joshua Green.
- The Roving Mind, Isaac Asimov.