Is your organization mired in inefficiency? If so, they may have lost sight of who they are serving.
This may sound familiar:
- Systems may not work as intended and may be in need of an overhaul.
- An organization may be bloated and has lost effectiveness.
- Managers have lost sight of what they are doing and the impact they should be making.
- Employees are tired of the status quo.
- Leaders are more interested in profit than the employees.
- You are losing customers because they have moved on to other companies.
There are two general ways out of an inefficient environment: either leave or start building.
If you want to stay, the construction process starts with you--regardless of where you are in the organization. Figure out and define what you are responsible for and then what your customers need.
Creating and building new services will connect you with the people around you and serve to build momentum. This will help align the components of your organization and work out inefficiencies. It's not always easy, but it is a place to start.