Venture accelerator DesignX is working with entrepreneurs' ideas to transform the built environment. The work is taking place within MIT's School of Architecture and Planning. According to the article, current projects include, but are not limited to:
- using sensors and data analytics to help people who manage spaces better understand how their spaces are used.
- creating an application that turns pictures and videos of living spaces into a 3-D space management platform that simplifies the home renovation process.
- creates tactile, learning materials to teach computational thinking to young children, without the use of computer screens.
- a cloud-based system for collaboration in virtual reality by architects, designers, and their clients.
- a platform that integrates design, spatial computation, and real estate development to reveal the untapped capacity of properties across a city.